Cathay Home Care Services was established in 1989
The services for people who are 65 years old and over are funded by the Federal Government under the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
The services provide a wide range of basic home maintenance, support and care services for frail aged people. The service types include:
- Domestic Assistance (including meal preparation and basic household cleaning)
- Personal Care (including shower assistance, dressing, toileting)
- Social Support Individual (including group shopping, assisting to attend appointment, accompanying banking, Yum Cha Group)
- Flexible Home Respite Care
- Garden Maintenance
- Social Support Group (known as day care services)
- Specialised Support Services (Continence and Dementia Advisory Services to offer you information, assessment and referrals that conducted by our registered nurses)
The objective is to support them to be more independence at home and in the community, thereby enhancing their quality of life and preventing or delaying their admission to long term residential care. The services also support carers of the people who may experience physical and/or emotional stress from their caring role.
To be eligible for the services, the individual must live in the community, have difficulty in performing activities of daily living due to functional limitations and be at risk of admission to long term residential care. A service applicant has to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 for service eligibility screening. The contact centre staff may organise a face-to-face assessment by a My Aged Care Regional Assessment (RAS) if care need is considered as complex.
Our staffs are caring and helpful. They are also bi-lingual, professional and experience. Our commitment is to serve and assist our clients to achieve goals towards independence, health and well-being.
Social Support Group (Known as Day Care Services)
Social Support Group is one of the most popular service types. This is held three times per week. The benefits of the participation are to:
- Enhance physical activity
- Improve mental health through games, exercise and communication
- Keep in touch with the community development
- Develop friendship
- Celebrate Chinese festivals altogether
- Enjoy Chinese cuisine
- Learn skills and gain through health educational talks
- Enable carer to have a break from their caring role and more….
Note that if you are required transport service to pick you up and return home, the referral code of Transport is required and obtained from My Aged Care.
How to Apply
Contact My Aged Care 1800 200 422 for service application. Once the service referral code is created, our manager will contact for service arrangement through home visit.
The fee depends on the service type received and amount of service required. A small contribution is applied. People with financial hardship will not be denied of services.
If you would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3522 0710 to discuss your eligibility and care service needs.